I contacted HTC support and their advice was actually did the trick for me.
Clearing Cache Parition
(This does NOT clear any of your apps or user data)
- Disable Fastboot by going into Settings > Power > Uncheck Fastboot.
- Switch off the phone.
- With the phone off, press and hold the Volume Down button and then briefly press and release the Power button. Continue holding the Volume Down button until you see the Android images on the screen and then release the Volume Down button.
- Using the Volume Down button please highlight RECOVERY.
- Press the Power button to select it.
- (The screen will go black for about 5 seconds - don't panic) You will see a screen with a red triangle and an exclamation point.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and then briefly press and release the Power button.
- You should see a screen with more options.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight WIPE CACHE PARTITION. Now press Power to select it.
- Once you see CACHE WIPE COMPLETE down at the bottom you will highlight REBOOT SYSTEM NOW and press Power to select it.
- Once the phone comes back on, fully deplete the battery (as in battery indicator goes 0% and phone shuts off by itself).
- Plug in the charger. Do NOT turn on the phone until it is fully charged (LED light at top left goes green).